Dear Supporter of Richmond’s Urban Forest:
Thank you for your interest in the City’s Adopt-A-Tree (AAT) Program. Your support of the Adopt-A-Tree program will help to replenish and sustain the urban forest.
1. To participate, fill out and sign the enclosed Street Tree Planting Application agreeing to care for the new tree. A staff arborist will inspect your site to identify what trees, if any, may best fit your site at this time. You will be notified at the time of inspection which species meet the site requirements and planting objectives of the city’s urban forestry planting plan. You may select one of the species listed for your site. If no species selection is made within two weeks of receipt, a species will be selected for you to fit your site.
2. Cost - AAT participants are asked to
contribute $50.00 toward the cost of
3. Payment is in full, by check for tree(s), payable to the EnRichmond Foundation. Please write “Adopt-A-Tree” - DPW on the check memo line. This is a tax deductible donation. The Adopt-A-Tree Program, through the Urban Forestry Division, is a partner of the EnRichmond Foundation, a 501(c)3 charitable, non-profit, foundation.
4. Mail to: Adopt-A-Tree Program - DPW
Urban Forestry Division
5. Timeline for receiving applications is from July 1st to September 1st. Any applications received after this deadline will be returned to the sender.
If you have any questions regarding the
Adopt-A-Tree program or tree planting in the City of
Thank you for your interest in Adopt-A-Tree
DPW - Urban Forestry Division